Thursday, August 18, 2011

Offerings

This is something I wrote recently in response to a lesson i had to learn. An easy lesson but i seem to continue to need to learn it. Its not about the out come its about the journey.


The near is as seductive as the far
You live for now stuck in the tar,
That binds your moves made from the falls,
Although you try your much to small,
You build the bruise
That left its stain
Upon your skin
That stands in vain
Like ashes from a burnt necessity
You'd give your life
For a chance you'd better be
Living in thought for second not first
I give my life, Give me my hurst
I've died to me, but for the truth
I fell in love, I need no proof
If big bangs true We lit the spark
That gave new life and lit the dark
For what I have is not my own
It's all within, my brain my bone
My life today, tomorrow, for years
Through pain and death and sorrow and tears
For in my weakness i am strong
theres fire in my torch, and I pass it along
No one can say what my future will hold
Who ill love, where we'll live
If Ill even get old
But ill let it go and give it to thee
For i am alive and the magicks in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment